Go Back   Zukikrawlers > General > Anything and Everything
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Anything and Everything The A&E forum (Anything & Everything) is specifically intended to talk about whatever is on your mind. You can talk about current events, personal relationships, news, or most anything else. No Religion, No Race, or Political threads.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
RedWolf
MadZuks

RedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond repute
My Sammi was rear ended tonight

I was on the I15 during rush hour tonite heading for my licensing classes when apparently someone cut someone else off further up in my lane. All the sudden I heard tires squealing and saw brake lights coming on.

I always leave myself a safety margin so in that split second I had to asses the situation I moved to the left side of my lane as I hit the brakes. I also glanced in my rear view mirror and realized that I was not going to be as lucky as the guy in front of me.

Sure enough, when I came to a stop there was at least 6 feet clear in front of me but within a split second the driver of the 94 Chevy Silverado behind me slammed into the rear of my Sammi!

In my mind I envisioned the ass end of my Sammi completely smashed however, much to my surprise, when I jumped out to take a look my Sammi looked fine but the Silverado was tore up!

My spare tire was perfectly lined up with the center of his grill. His grill shattered, his headlights were busted, his hood and both front fenders were buckled quite nicely and his radiator was shoved into his fan.

When the Highway patrol arrived and looked at my Sammi they asked if I had anymore damage that my ripped vinyl tire cover

The driver of the truck was amazed at my very minimal damage as well. I crawled all over it when I got home and the only problem I can find is that my tailgate is slightly warped as my spare tire hanger got pushed into it. Hell, if I didn't show it to you, you'd be hard pressed to find it.

Gotta tell ya... I'm impressed myself
Old 10-02-2007, 02:39 AM   #2
desert runner

desert runner has a reputation beyond reputedesert runner has a reputation beyond reputedesert runner has a reputation beyond reputedesert runner has a reputation beyond reputedesert runner has a reputation beyond reputedesert runner has a reputation beyond reputedesert runner has a reputation beyond reputedesert runner has a reputation beyond reputedesert runner has a reputation beyond reputedesert runner has a reputation beyond reputedesert runner has a reputation beyond repute
Glad your okay.Vegas traffic is nuts,it seems like I almost get in an accident every day.
desert runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:51 AM   #3
WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you and the Zuki are OK.

Pie
RIP Hatter
RIP Zero
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:21 AM   #4
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you and the zuki are OK.

AS I read this I found it odd that you said you were driving in rush hour traffic tonight (read at night). Then I remembered you were from Las Vegas and then it was not as surprising.

Itsmejoe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:47 AM   #5
Danazook's mom
OK, maybe it was my fault

Danazook's mom has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook's mom has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook's mom has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook's mom has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook's mom has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook's mom has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook's mom has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook's mom has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook's mom has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook's mom has a reputation beyond reputeDanazook's mom has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you are both okay.
Danazook's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:43 AM   #6
filter

filter has a reputation beyond reputefilter has a reputation beyond reputefilter has a reputation beyond reputefilter has a reputation beyond reputefilter has a reputation beyond reputefilter has a reputation beyond reputefilter has a reputation beyond reputefilter has a reputation beyond reputefilter has a reputation beyond reputefilter has a reputation beyond reputefilter has a reputation beyond repute
Damn plastic trucks,

Glad you both got away without major damage. I do hope you got his info just in case you do find something else.
filter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:00 AM   #7
Jr88fan

Jr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond repute
That is amazing. I figured that a hit to the rear with a tire would demolish a sammi. Gald you are okay, I really didn't want to have to find another avatar. LOL

88 1/2 Sami, My-Side, Spoa, RUF, ML front, Lockrite rear, 5.14 TC, Slutty Snatch, 33 12.50 15's, OTT steering, ZOR front and rear bumpers.

Jr88fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:01 AM   #8
fuctzookis.a.
el diablo

fuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond repute
goes to show our lil samis can take a hit! glad you both are ok.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:26 AM   #9
TX_ZUKI
Administrator

TX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond reputeTX_ZUKI has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you are ok and the Zuki survived!

87' Suzuki Samurai, 1.6 16V EFI-14 Bolt rear Locked, D44 Front Detroit Locker, 5.13 gears,Full Ext./Inter. Cage, 8:1 Transfer Gears, 39.5 Iroks on Trail Ready Beadlocks, Hydro Steering, Big Horn Air Shocks & linked!

TX_ZUKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:30 AM   #10
Jr88fan

Jr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond reputeJr88fan has a reputation beyond repute
I think that they built them tough, because they are so tippy. LMAO

88 1/2 Sami, My-Side, Spoa, RUF, ML front, Lockrite rear, 5.14 TC, Slutty Snatch, 33 12.50 15's, OTT steering, ZOR front and rear bumpers.

Jr88fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #11
dot4x4
designated TX_ZUKI victim

dot4x4 has a reputation beyond reputedot4x4 has a reputation beyond reputedot4x4 has a reputation beyond reputedot4x4 has a reputation beyond reputedot4x4 has a reputation beyond reputedot4x4 has a reputation beyond reputedot4x4 has a reputation beyond reputedot4x4 has a reputation beyond reputedot4x4 has a reputation beyond reputedot4x4 has a reputation beyond reputedot4x4 has a reputation beyond repute
glad your ok man. Hmm, Hardluck got broadsided by a taurus and is still driving it just needs a new spring...
Redwolf got it in the rear ( ) and is ok, alright who is next? Im glad Im gonna be gone on vacation for a week and the sammy will be parked in the driveway. I wish u well man.

1987 Sammy, s/r 225-75-15 and 4.16 t-case gears
dot4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #12
zorproducts
God blessed America

zorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome that your tailgate with stood the hit. Glad your OK. Hate to see repaint that nice rig. You coming down to Laughlin during the weekend of NOV 17th to hook up with us?

MY
Brass shift sheets T-BRA & THONG, MY-SIDE1 & 2 CV kits, SNATCH "the best t-case cradle". TRAIL-GEAR Authorized Dealer. ZOR Bumpers! See that little set of scales over to the lower left? Give me reputation IF I HAVE helped you and I will be happy!
http://zuksoffroad.com

Stay outta my tree! And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood!
zorproducts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #13
SamauriShawn

SamauriShawn has a reputation beyond reputeSamauriShawn has a reputation beyond reputeSamauriShawn has a reputation beyond reputeSamauriShawn has a reputation beyond reputeSamauriShawn has a reputation beyond reputeSamauriShawn has a reputation beyond reputeSamauriShawn has a reputation beyond reputeSamauriShawn has a reputation beyond reputeSamauriShawn has a reputation beyond reputeSamauriShawn has a reputation beyond reputeSamauriShawn has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by filter View Post
Damn plastic trucks,

Glad you both got away without major damage. I do hope you got his info just in case you do find something else.
X2

Heres to beer. The cause of and solution to all of lifes problems.
SamauriShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #14
flea
its alright, ill wait....

flea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsmejoe231 View Post
Glad you and the zuki are OK.

AS I read this I found it odd that you said you were driving in rush hour traffic tonight (read at night). Then I remembered you were from Las Vegas and then it was not as surprising.

yeppp to what joe said !

guess its rush hour traffic there most alll day???
flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:05 PM   #15
flea
its alright, ill wait....

flea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond repute
pics?
flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:29 AM   #16
RedWolf
MadZuks

RedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond reputeRedWolf has a reputation beyond repute
Flea, I thought about taking pics but the damage to the Sammi was so hard to find that I figured it wasn't necessary. Afterwards, I thought a picture of his smashed up Silverado would have looked great hanging in my Garage... Oh well, Hindsight is 20/20.

MY, I would love to run out to Laughlin however, between Work and School I don't have time for my family let alone a trip. If you get out Vegas way anytime in the future please PM me for my number!

Thanks all for your concern, I keep crawlin around under the Sammi looking for anything but everything is where it's supposed to be and she doesn't drive any different. I can't believe he sustained so much damage and the only obvious damage to mine is a ripped up tire cover
Old 10-03-2007, 04:57 AM   #17
shorty
Zuki SPCA

shorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWolf View Post
Afterwards, I thought a picture of his smashed up Silverado would have looked great hanging in my Garage... Oh well, Hindsight is 20/20.

That would have been some great wall pics!!

Family values = discounted rates at Chuck E. Cheese

Founding member of the post padders union
TX State Rep for Local 10001

pie

shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #18
durnzuki
HEY YA'LL, WATCH THIS

durnzuki has a reputation beyond reputedurnzuki has a reputation beyond reputedurnzuki has a reputation beyond reputedurnzuki has a reputation beyond reputedurnzuki has a reputation beyond reputedurnzuki has a reputation beyond reputedurnzuki has a reputation beyond reputedurnzuki has a reputation beyond reputedurnzuki has a reputation beyond reputedurnzuki has a reputation beyond reputedurnzuki has a reputation beyond repute
My WIFE rear ended my zuki and it caused 3500 bucks worth of damage to her Ford. I went and bought a can of spray pain to fix where she scratched my bumper.
durnzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #19
RedWolf
MadZuks

I finally followed through with his Insurance company and got a check for $830 for my slightly warped tailgate. Considering many folks I know paid that or less for their Sammi... I was pleased
Old 01-06-2008, 04:47 PM   #20
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
woho!!!

Itsmejoe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:08 PM   #21
SamuraiAZ
Jeep Brah

SamuraiAZ has a reputation beyond reputeSamuraiAZ has a reputation beyond reputeSamuraiAZ has a reputation beyond reputeSamuraiAZ has a reputation beyond reputeSamuraiAZ has a reputation beyond reputeSamuraiAZ has a reputation beyond reputeSamuraiAZ has a reputation beyond reputeSamuraiAZ has a reputation beyond reputeSamuraiAZ has a reputation beyond reputeSamuraiAZ has a reputation beyond reputeSamuraiAZ has a reputation beyond repute
That sucks, any pictures?
SamuraiAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #22
shorty
Zuki SPCA

shorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond repute
Great deal!!!

Family values = discounted rates at Chuck E. Cheese

Founding member of the post padders union
TX State Rep for Local 10001

pie

shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #23
purevil71

purevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond reputepurevil71 has a reputation beyond repute
You gonna go buy you another sami with the money??? Hey, you need a new tailgate, no point in removing it from the parts rig....

2001 Suzuki Vitara
1991 Suzuki Samurai
purevil71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #24
WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond repute
Got a tailgate I'll sell ya fer $600

Pie
RIP Hatter
RIP Zero
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #25
RedWolf
MadZuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
Got a tailgate I'll sell ya fer $600
The damage to my tailgate is not noticeble as long as the spares on... good enough for me!

The Insurance money is going for TCASE gears and possibly a rear locker