Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > FAQS
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

FAQS Answers to the common questions here. Please feel free to help build this area with your own FAQ's post!

Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
ack

ack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond repute
How Vehicle Impound Auctions work:

While on vacation, I thought I'd check out a Vehicle Impound Auction for a parts car/truck. Here is what I discovered:

I went to the Kansas City, Missouri Impound Auction where I found several parts vehicle candidates (out of more than 400 vehicles on auction!) at the Kansas City Missouri Impound website (http://www.kcmo.org/neigh.nsf/web/towauctions). In order to get familiar with the auction process, I hung around until about 45 minutes into the auction. There, I discovered the two main Pick-and-Pull lot representatives going at it hot and heavy for inventory! Be careful about hand/head motions and eye contact or you might accidently find yourself the owner of a pile of junk!

Prices ranges from $125 for total pieces of... to around $3000 for nice vehicles. Most sold for 2-400 bucks.

It is free admission and the purchase fee is $7.00 per car. They send you a bill of sale within 30 days so you can apply for a replacement title. Salvage vehicles can only be purchased by someone with a dealer or salvage licence. "Your mileage may vary" depending on local laws and rules which will be supplied when you attend an impound auction...

So - if you live in a major metropolitan area and you want to buy a parts car cheap - or at least find out where the parts car of your dreams is going to, check out the auto impound auctions in your local area. Cities along with tow lots contracted by smaller municipalities and counties have them regularly. You should be able to find more information on the city/municipality's website.

Hope that this helps!

'88 Samurai Offroader
'88.5 Samurai Tintop
'16 Ford Flex Limited AWD "Uber-mobile"
http://www.acksfaq.com

ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
dwkremer

dwkremer is on a distinguished road
Thats some good info
Old 07-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
fuctzookis.a.
el diablo

fuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond reputefuctzookis.a. has a reputation beyond repute
hey thanks man
Old 07-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
Gearhead61

Gearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond reputeGearhead61 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool deal! Now I have to get some money to get that parts car, haha.

87 Sammi. SOA, 31s, and some "custom" bodywork. Big plans and a small budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madzukr View Post
i'd sell the wife if the zuk said so.
Gearhead61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #5
duckhuntersfather

duckhuntersfather will become famous soon enoughduckhuntersfather will become famous soon enough
thanks

thanks for the information. Soon will be on the hunt big time for the parts car. I'll start looking in Knoxville.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:38 AM   #6
nunk

nunk will become famous soon enoughnunk will become famous soon enough
good info to know thanks ack
nunk is offline   Reply With Quote