Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > FAQS
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

FAQS Answers to the common questions here. Please feel free to help build this area with your own FAQ's post!

Old 07-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #1
ack

ack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond repute
Ack's New Driveshaft re-assembly video!

Now that I have better production values available to me (and YouTube.com to store all the stuff - no bandwidth hassles with my ISP!), Here is the new and improved version of that video classic: Driveshaft Reassembly.

Your comments are appreciated!

Finally, Ack's Garage turned out to be too big of a PITA production.

Replacing it will be a series of videos like the Driveshaft re-assembly video. Presently in production are Transfer Case Shifter Sheet Replacement and Locking Hub Rebuilding. On the back burner are BumpSteer Explained, 410 Backing Plate Installation and GM Alternator Installation.

Anyone got ideas on other topics??

'88 Samurai Offroader
'88.5 Samurai Tintop
'16 Ford Flex Limited AWD "Uber-mobile"
http://www.acksfaq.com

Last edited by ack; 07-12-2007 at 06:51 PM.
ack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
flea
its alright, ill wait....

flea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond repute
how bout thanks again ack
flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
jackson
im back!

jackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond repute
ack are you still doing special guests like when bill did it?i havent checked out the site lately.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

http://zuksoffroad.com
jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #4
ack

ack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond repute
ack's garage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson View Post
ack are you still doing special guests like when bill did it?i havent checked out the site lately.
Acks' Garage, while fun, got to be a lot of work for the rewards of it all.

I have taken up a second job to make ends meet so I don't have time anymore to set up and do telephone interviews, edit them for time, build the rest of the segments and put it all online.

So the short answer is, sadly, no.

I suppose if I could sell advertising on it like I had hoped, I would be able to produce more episodes. I had one advertiser on the line, but they suddenly developed cold feet (more like "fell off the face of the earth..."). If you know of any vendors who would like some cheap advertising targeted EXACTLY at their key customer base - not some hit-or-miss keyword-based banner advertising - PM me their name and phone number and I'll contact them ASAP.

'88 Samurai Offroader
'88.5 Samurai Tintop

Old 07-12-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
FGZ

FGZ will become famous soon enoughFGZ will become famous soon enough
That's a great vid, probably the reason my front shaft is so messed up. Wish I had some more ideas to offer up, but all the stuff I need to work on and don't know exactly how to do is because I'm a noob.
FGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:31 PM   #6
ack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGZ View Post
That's a great vid, probably the reason my front shaft is so messed up. Wish I had some more ideas to offer up, but all the stuff I need to work on and don't know exactly how to do is because I'm a noob.
That's why we are here for you!

Feel free to ask away in the Tech or Engine section.

'88 Samurai Offroader
'88.5 Samurai Tintop

Old 07-12-2007, 10:53 PM   #7
jackson
im back!

jackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond repute
well ack i wish you luck since your site has been excellent for the suzuki community.there cant be too many that hasnt looked up something on your site or been helped directly from you.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

http://zuksoffroad.com
jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #8
FGZ

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ack View Post
That's why we are here for you!

Feel free to ask away in the Tech or Engine section.
Thanks Ack - I try not to ask till I feel like I've done some searching first.

BUT, soon as I typed that previous post I saw someone else starting a new thread for something I would've suggested for a vid, so here's my vid suggestions for what they're worth:

-body trimming (either minor or major hackage...or both)
-1.6L swap 8 or 16V
-Timing belt change
-Replace leaky dist. oil seal
-Sloppy tranny fix
-t-case gear install (I'll volunteer mine as a donor )
-easiest possible birf replacement - any shortcuts for the field?
-carb rebuild and/or setting fuel mixture
-wiring in a winch and/or lights
-cam install
-replacing and properly adjusting clutch cable
-propane install
-MySide install
-steering box adjustment
-a vid where you just point out what everything you can think of under the hood

A lot of those are too basic and covered elsewhere, but that's FWIW
Old 07-13-2007, 09:28 AM   #9
flea
its alright, ill wait....

flea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond reputeflea has a reputation beyond repute
that birf one would be nice espescialy trail hints
flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:46 PM   #10
ack

suggestions for videos:

FGZ:

You have several great ideas for videos!

I especially like:

Leaky distributor oil seal replacment
Clutch cable replacement and adjustment
Steering box adjustment
Field replacement of Birfield Axles - I know a "secret" method for field removing Birfields... even with cups!

Some of the others might be a bit too complicated to put to video in a short form video like Driveshaft Reassembly but could be part of a product installation video.

I would especially like to contract with ZOR, GotPropane and other vendors to create installation videos for their products! I think that a MyFI and a MySide video - both Internet and DVD - would be great selling tools and after-sales product support! Perhaps a bit of bartering could be done!

'88 Samurai Offroader
'88.5 Samurai Tintop

Old 07-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #11
FGZ

If there's bartering to be done, I'd like propane please...jk.

Glad some of those might be promising. I just did the steering box adjustment tonight, and it's pretty stinkin simple if I did it right. If there's any tricks to getting the oil fill cap off and on in order to top of the gearbox I'm all ears. I added oil, I think...if I was removing the right dohicky.