Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > FAQS
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

FAQS Answers to the common questions here. Please feel free to help build this area with your own FAQ's post!

Old 05-06-2007, 04:17 PM   #1
ARnMAG

ARnMAG will become famous soon enough
vent tube install

ok, so since i've asked a few time of photos of a vent tube installed, i thought i would go ahead and buy one and install it....
here we go....

TOOLS NEEDED:
1O MM,socket\wrench to remove air intake case
4oz- ball peen or small hammer
7\23" deep socket,(thinner walled the better)
small screwdriver
sharpie

1: turn off motor ,take key out,pop the hood and unbolt the air intake case, remember there's a vacumm line on the bottom that you'll need to reattach when you put it all back...

the vacumm hose attached to bottom

2:use the small screw drive the block the choke plate,to not lose the tube, becareful to not damage the linkage

note no tube installed in the large inset hole on the front\left side\choke side of the carb

3: I marked the tubes cut side for reference while inserting into hole and socket
insert cut\shortside into socket

4:insert longer\non-cut end into vent opening with the cutside\marked side
to the top of the carb tap in light but firm until vent tub stops on lip

tah-dah!!!

5:massage the socket off the vent tube..

this is what it should looks like installed

6: take out the screwdriver from the choke linkage,

7:reinstall vacumm line under air case

8:reinstalled case cover to carb

that's it...

i'll keep you up to date on the performance change...

hope this helps....

Last edited by ARnMAG; 05-06-2007 at 06:35 PM.
ARnMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
Rusty88SoftTop
Now rust free!!

Rusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to beholdRusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to beholdRusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to beholdRusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to beholdRusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to beholdRusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to beholdRusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to behold
Great write-up, thats all it is?!?! Wow. I'm going to have to order one now. Can't wait to hear about the difference it makes.

Rusty88SoftTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #3
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
That is what you call one of the "best bang for you buck" mods.

Good job.

Itsmejoe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:18 PM   #4
CVZOOKI

CVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond repute
How does it help the engine? Whats the purpose?
86 Samurai - Stock 1.3 - Custom Intake - Doug Thorley Header - Cherry Bomb Extreme 2.5 Exhaust - GM Alternator - SPOA Lift - Cross Over Steering - Custom Shock Hoops - 4.9:1 Transfer Case - 31 x 10.5 Muds - Dual CD Stereo - Kenwood Speakers - Offroad lights - CB Radio - Custom Seats - More to Come
CVZOOKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
This gets rid of the hesitation during acceleration.

Itsmejoe231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #6
Billjohn

Billjohn has a reputation beyond reputeBilljohn has a reputation beyond reputeBilljohn has a reputation beyond reputeBilljohn has a reputation beyond reputeBilljohn has a reputation beyond reputeBilljohn has a reputation beyond reputeBilljohn has a reputation beyond reputeBilljohn has a reputation beyond reputeBilljohn has a reputation beyond reputeBilljohn has a reputation beyond reputeBilljohn has a reputation beyond repute
Simple, but veeery effective!

Billjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:41 PM   #7
WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond repute
Mine made a huge difference in mine. My engine would barely run at part throttle. Easy install made faster by the fact I have no air cleaner Got all that fixed now Hitachi carb on the bench and My-Side installed

Pie
RIP Hatter
RIP Zero
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:25 PM   #8
oklazukguy
The snake says.....

oklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond repute
Glad I checked.... I was on a website, getting ready to order, and ran out and checked mine. Already has the vent tube installed!!
oklazukguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
Rusty88SoftTop
Now rust free!!

Rusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to beholdRusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to beholdRusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to beholdRusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to beholdRusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to beholdRusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to beholdRusty88SoftTop is a splendid one to behold
you lucky!

Old 05-11-2007, 08:24 PM   #10
oklazukguy
The snake says.....

oklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond reputeoklazukguy has a reputation beyond repute
Sometimes!!
oklazukguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:27 AM   #11
Rusty88SoftTop
Now rust free!!

Bought my vent tube yesterday, going to install it today. Thanks ARnMAG for this write-up, I never relized this was so easy.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #12
CVZOOKI

CVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond reputeCVZOOKI has a reputation beyond repute
Is there any way to fudge it up?
86 Samurai - Stock 1.3 - Custom Intake - Doug Thorley Header - Cherry Bomb Extreme 2.5 Exhaust - GM Alternator - SPOA Lift - Cross Over Steering - Custom Shock Hoops - 4.9:1 Transfer Case - 31 x 10.5 Muds - Dual CD Stereo - Kenwood Speakers - Offroad lights - CB Radio - Custom Seats - More to Come
CVZOOKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:14 PM   #13
WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond reputeWVhillbilly has a reputation beyond repute
Drop it in the carb Just make sure the angled end is facing the right way and be careful putting it in. Instructions that came with mine were very clear and it is a simple thing. I was suprised and happy with the results, didn't expect so much from such a small change.

Pie
RIP Hatter
RIP Zero
Old 06-18-2007, 11:16 PM   #14
ZUKlover

ZUKlover is on a distinguished road
how can get the vent tube
ZUKlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #15
WVhillbilly

Petroworks.com

Pie
RIP Hatter
RIP Zero
Old 07-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #16
671_tyzuki

671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute671_tyzuki has a reputation beyond repute
just wondering will this mod work if i have a weber...

vince
671_tyzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #17
ack

ack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond reputeack has a reputation beyond repute
vent tube & weber

The Weber Carburetor is a completely different critter and there is no "vent tube" mod for it.

The Vent Tube mod is specific to the Hitachi carb found in the Samurai 1.3.

'88 Samurai Offroader
'88.5 Samurai Tintop
'16 Ford Flex Limited AWD "Uber-mobile"
http://www.acksfaq.com

ack is offline   Reply With Quote