Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > FAQS
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

FAQS Answers to the common questions here. Please feel free to help build this area with your own FAQ's post!

Old 09-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
Itsmejoe231
Krawler

Itsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond reputeItsmejoe231 has a reputation beyond repute
Toy D-Shaft Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock4xFab View Post
Yes the large flange Zuk is the same bolt pattern as the 84-85 Toy non cv But you still have to have a flange bored to fit the Snount.. GUys are cutting this off to make it work THIS WRONG>>> You are no longer Bore centric and become Bolt centric which can lead to VIBRATIONS.

IF anybody has questions on the which Toy shafts to use Please call me, I will be more then willing to tell you what you need to know. I have tried to post it up but it is always bogged into ablivien by needless bs. And it gets old retyping it... I would put it in my sig if there was not so many Characters...
So if someone knows how to sticky this

IF I have stock axles and a stock case what shaft do I need.
OPTIMAL WAYS FOR THE REAR
1) You can get away with 79-85 CV in the rear May need to be shorten'd depending on the year shaft you get 84-85 is longer hen the 79-83.
2) 86-88 4cyl CV will work the v-6 is hit or miss depending on what Toyota had in stock
3) 89-95 4Runner rear NON-CV shafts cut down to length and have roughly 42 deg at the joints

OPTIMAL FOR THE FRONT
1) 89-95 4Runner rear NON-CV shafts cut down to length and have roughly 42 deg at the joints

IF I have TOYOTA axles and a stock case what shaft do I need.
OPTIMAL FOR THE REAR

1) 89-95 4Runner rear NON-CV shafts cut down to length and have roughly 42 deg at the joints They will work in the compound angle of the centered DIFF

OPTIMAL FOR THE FRONT

1) 89-95 4Runner rear NON-CV shafts cut down to length and have roughly 42 deg at the joints

2) Older rear 4 cyl NON-CV shafts will work but may not have enough angle depending on your amount of lift.

Any of the rears listed will work with our adapters provided you follow the instructions in the kit. 86-88 Had some bastard shaft ends That I have found just are weird. I dont know if thery were 2 wd or what but they had to have the holes enlarged on the yoke to work but will work. with some elbow grease.

79-85 CV shafts 32 deg of motion
86 and Up shafts have 15 deg but can be moded to get 30.( IFS front 3rds dont move so Toyota did not have to build anything High angle)

Also Unless you have lengthened your drivline, dont try putting a Toy cv in front... WHY
1) inorder for it to be set correctly You need to turn the pinion up This inturn screws up your steering geometry and the rig will handle for CRAP.
2) Ok so you didnt turn the pinion up now what EASY You will overtime blow out the U-joint at the pinion because it is running out of phase from the rest of the shaft. Only 2 caps will stay greased the other 2 will run dry. ( usually when you least expect it..)

Oh ya.. A toy cv does not like the small area you would try to fit it in past the x-member.. And in most cases will hit or not even get down to the pinion becasue of angle.

Remeber a cv shaft will take up 6-7" of room before it real starts to drop to the axle so you have basicly taken up needless space trying to get where you need to...

Hope this helps
Thanks Scott!!

Itsmejoe231 is offline   Reply With Quote