Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > FAQS
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

FAQS Answers to the common questions here. Please feel free to help build this area with your own FAQ's post!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
Rangerscott69

Rangerscott69 has a reputation beyond reputeRangerscott69 has a reputation beyond reputeRangerscott69 has a reputation beyond reputeRangerscott69 has a reputation beyond reputeRangerscott69 has a reputation beyond reputeRangerscott69 has a reputation beyond reputeRangerscott69 has a reputation beyond reputeRangerscott69 has a reputation beyond reputeRangerscott69 has a reputation beyond reputeRangerscott69 has a reputation beyond reputeRangerscott69 has a reputation beyond repute
Phillip screws in head replacement

These screws tend to work themselves out over time and when they do you loose oil pressure. Loose enough and you can kill your engine.

Been missing one of those screws for months and finally got some ones that use an allen key. I got ten of them for under $5.

First off these are a pain in the [censored] to get out cause they strip out way too easily, but I do have a trick to getting them out.

Well. Here's a nasty head

++ Here's the contraption I used. 1/4" socket and #2 phillip bit. If you have a spare of both of these, I'd tack weld them so the phillip bit doesnt fall out. Or go buy an impact driver.

++ Here's the trick to getting those boogers out. Dont even attempt to unscrew them. They will just strip out. Get the contraption and put it in the screw and use a BFH and beat the chit out of it. This will loosen the screw. May take a couple of tries, but it does work.

++ Clean the surface. Do not use loctite. It can clog up the oil passage.

++ Put in the new screw, torque to spec. (I used the redneck torque of till it wont go any more.) Then use the redneck loctite method.

Rangerscott69 is offline   Reply With Quote