Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > FAQS
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

FAQS Answers to the common questions here. Please feel free to help build this area with your own FAQ's post!

Old 06-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #51
nhdiesel

nhdiesel has a reputation beyond reputenhdiesel has a reputation beyond reputenhdiesel has a reputation beyond reputenhdiesel has a reputation beyond reputenhdiesel has a reputation beyond reputenhdiesel has a reputation beyond reputenhdiesel has a reputation beyond reputenhdiesel has a reputation beyond reputenhdiesel has a reputation beyond reputenhdiesel has a reputation beyond reputenhdiesel has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a list of compatible bolt patterns. I can't say backspacing or OEM center hole size, but here are some to look for anyway:

Fullsize Dodge trucks- all 1/2 ton 4x4 and 4x2 except some 70's and 80's fulltime 4x4, which used 5 on 4 1/2. Ram Van. Also '05+ Dakotas & Durangos (4x4 and 4x2)
Chrysler Aspen ('07, '08)
International: All Scouts and 1/2 ton trucks
Fullsize Ford trucks:- all 4x4 and 4x2, including early and late Broncos (except Bronco IIs), up to '96. Also 1/2 ton fullsize Vans.
Daihatsu: Rocky
Suzuki: Sidekick/Tracker, X90, XL7 (except '07, '08 Luxury & Limited models), Vitara and Grand Vitara (up to '05)
Jeep: All CJ and Willys. Also early 1/2 ton fullsize trucks (pre '74)
Kia: Sorento, Sportage
Mitsubishi: '06+ Raider (not the original Dodge Raider)

Late model fullsize Ford wheels do NOT fit, although they are very close. Ford changed from 5 on 5 1/2 (139.7mm) to 5 on 135mm.

All of these vehicles were checked using 3 different wheel bolt pattern charts. I can't guarantee 100% accuracy, but this is the best I could do.

Jim
nhdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #52
olesmp

olesmp is on a distinguished road
seems like nobody has posted here for a few months, but this so far is a great thread. i wanted to ask abou the 300zx roters for rear disk swap, what brackets and rorors do i need?
olesmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #53
geckocycles

geckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rock4xFab
Yes the large flange Zuk is the same bolt pattern as the 84-85 Toy non cv But you still have to have a flange bored to fit the Snount.. GUys are cutting this off to make it work THIS WRONG>>> You are no longer Bore centric and become Bolt centric which can lead to VIBRATIONS.

IF anybody has questions on the which Toy shafts to use Please call me, I will be more then willing to tell you what you need to know. I have tried to post it up but it is always bogged into ablivien by needless bs. And it gets old retyping it... I would put it in my sig if there was not so many Characters...
So if someone knows how to sticky this

IF I have stock axles and a stock case what shaft do I need.
OPTIMAL WAYS FOR THE REAR
1) You can get away with 79-85 CV in the rear May need to be shorten'd depending on the year shaft you get 84-85 is longer hen the 79-83.
2) 86-88 4cyl CV will work the v-6 is hit or miss depending on what Toyota had in stock
3) 89-95 4Runner rear NON-CV shafts cut down to length and have roughly 42 deg at the joints

OPTIMAL FOR THE FRONT
1) 89-95 4Runner rear NON-CV shafts cut down to length and have roughly 42 deg at the joints

IF I have TOYOTA axles and a stock case what shaft do I need.
OPTIMAL FOR THE REAR

1) 89-95 4Runner rear NON-CV shafts cut down to length and have roughly 42 deg at the joints They will work in the compound angle of the centered DIFF

OPTIMAL FOR THE FRONT

1) 89-95 4Runner rear NON-CV shafts cut down to length and have roughly 42 deg at the joints

2) Older rear 4 cyl NON-CV shafts will work but may not have enough angle depending on your amount of lift.

Any of the rears listed will work with our adapters provided you follow the instructions in the kit. 86-88 Had some bastard shaft ends That I have found just are weird. I dont know if thery were 2 wd or what but they had to have the holes enlarged on the yoke to work but will work. with some elbow grease.

79-85 CV shafts 32 deg of motion
86 and Up shafts have 15 deg but can be moded to get 30.( IFS front 3rds dont move so Toyota did not have to build anything High angle)

Also Unless you have lengthened your drivline, dont try putting a Toy cv in front... WHY
1) inorder for it to be set correctly You need to turn the pinion up This inturn screws up your steering geometry and the rig will handle for CRAP.
2) Ok so you didnt turn the pinion up now what EASY You will overtime blow out the U-joint at the pinion because it is running out of phase from the rest of the shaft. Only 2 caps will stay greased the other 2 will run dry. ( usually when you least expect it..)

Oh ya.. A toy cv does not like the small area you would try to fit it in past the x-member.. And in most cases will hit or not even get down to the pinion becasue of angle.

Remeber a cv shaft will take up 6-7" of room before it real starts to drop to the axle so you have basicly taken up needless space trying to get where you need to...

Hope this helps
2240 lbs wet. 33x10.50 BFG KM2's, 5.12 T-Case, 4.30 3rds, HD output shaft, Spidy T-Case arms, Gecko Cable Locker, Gecko panhard, Spidy antiwrap bar and trussed housings, 5"x12" Breeze drop links, SPOA front and rear, Gecko Cycles Intake and Cooling manifold with 4 36mm GSXR screamin Mikuni's. 5400 lb Ft and 3000 lb rear winches, ZOR ft bumper, Gecko rear, Calmini HD rear axles, custom made 4Runner drive shafts.
geckocycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #54
One Sick Puppy

One Sick Puppy has a reputation beyond reputeOne Sick Puppy has a reputation beyond reputeOne Sick Puppy has a reputation beyond reputeOne Sick Puppy has a reputation beyond reputeOne Sick Puppy has a reputation beyond reputeOne Sick Puppy has a reputation beyond reputeOne Sick Puppy has a reputation beyond reputeOne Sick Puppy has a reputation beyond reputeOne Sick Puppy has a reputation beyond reputeOne Sick Puppy has a reputation beyond reputeOne Sick Puppy has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome list. I just came across this thread haphazardly and I'm heading long-distance to a wrecker to find some Neon seats. Taking this list with me for whatever other stuff.
One Sick Puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #55
cvzuk

cvzuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Sick Puppy View Post
Awesome list. I just came across this thread haphazardly and I'm heading long-distance to a wrecker to find some Neon seats. Taking this list with me for whatever other stuff.
The Neon seats are a cheap and awesome upgrade. I have mine half done (drivers side installed), super easy and very comfortable. Check craigslist for Neon seats, I got my pair for $20 from a 60,000 mile car!!!
cvzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #56
shorty
Zuki SPCA

shorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond repute
98 Geo Tracker front drivers side brake line for added brake length for cheap.

Family values = discounted rates at Chuck E. Cheese

Founding member of the post padders union
TX State Rep for Local 10001

pie

shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #57
hotrodzuki21

Location: that oklahoma place with the big rocks that my sami cant get over ya know
hotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond repute
the 91 300sl arms look thicker and if u take the tire rod and end and cut a stock samirua steering linkage the tierod will slide in the samis for a good tight seat and weld just to let you all know. and if u pull the tee off when u grab your toyota brake lines witch are the same all the way to 2000 the older samis that use two lines then can use one witch i like better than 2 lines.
88 soft top stock 1.3l 2.25 exaust into a 3" in 2 2.5" out spoa yj new shocks and mounts custom front bumper boss clutch 31x10.5x15 2.5bs bfg at kos recaro seats camo steering wheel cover pioneer deck and sony 10" with 700 watt alpine and cheep front speakers futrue: rock sliders new rear bumper and gears
hotrodzuki21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #58
hotrodzuki21

Location: that oklahoma place with the big rocks that my sami cant get over ya know
hotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond reputehotrodzuki21 has a reputation beyond repute
news break the arm i got does not need to be drilled out at all it is the right size perfect size for the bolts my 86 sami uses
88 soft top stock 1.3l 2.25 exaust into a 3" in 2 2.5" out spoa yj new shocks and mounts custom front bumper boss clutch 31x10.5x15 2.5bs bfg at kos recaro seats camo steering wheel cover pioneer deck and sony 10" with 700 watt alpine and cheep front speakers futrue: rock sliders new rear bumper and gears
hotrodzuki21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #59
stevew007

stevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond repute
I just read that a toyota van has a drop pitman arm that will fit the trackick gear box.trying to figure out which one. will head to the junk yard monday
stevew007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #60
jonesjustin

jonesjustin has a reputation beyond reputejonesjustin has a reputation beyond reputejonesjustin has a reputation beyond reputejonesjustin has a reputation beyond reputejonesjustin has a reputation beyond reputejonesjustin has a reputation beyond reputejonesjustin has a reputation beyond reputejonesjustin has a reputation beyond reputejonesjustin has a reputation beyond reputejonesjustin has a reputation beyond reputejonesjustin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by olesmp View Post
seems like nobody has posted here for a few months, but this so far is a great thread. i wanted to ask abou the 300zx roters for rear disk swap, what brackets and rorors do i need?
I think the calipers are what you are after and you use stock samurai rotors from the front. I think the 300zx is a different bolt pattern so the rotors cant be used but the rotors are the same thickness as stock samurai.

I am not a 100% sure on this info but I am trying to collect parts for the same thing. I got the caliper off a 91 300zx I think.

It appears that I am not sure on any of my statements, maybe.

jonesjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #61
geckocycles

geckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond repute
Dodge 318 motor mount differences

The differences and part numbers and prices from Napa, Checker and Autozone.

http://www.geckocycles.com/images/Sammy/motor mount/Napa Items.doc
2240 lbs wet. 33x10.50 BFG KM2's, 5.12 T-Case, 4.30 3rds, HD output shaft, Spidy T-Case arms, Gecko Cable Locker, Gecko panhard, Spidy antiwrap bar and trussed housings, 5"x12" Breeze drop links, SPOA front and rear, Gecko Cycles Intake and Cooling manifold with 4 36mm GSXR screamin Mikuni's. 5400 lb Ft and 3000 lb rear winches, ZOR ft bumper, Gecko rear, Calmini HD rear axles, custom made 4Runner drive shafts.
geckocycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:16 AM   #62
essjay

essjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond reputeessjay has a reputation beyond repute
I have a request, if anyone knows more seats that fit the sammy. Im talking, limited, if any modification, please post them up.

Thanks
essjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #63
mtnbound

mtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond reputemtnbound has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by essjay View Post
I have a request, if anyone knows more seats that fit the sammy. Im talking, limited, if any modification, please post them up.

Thanks
I have Explorer seats in mine. Two things I had to do.

1: Drill the bottom of the seat (it is steel ) and mount it to the sami rails.

2: Cut the adjuster handle rotate it down and reweld. You could also lengthen it past the front of the seat.

THE ONLY CURE FOR "1984" IS A LITTLE 1776!!!!
mtnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #64
Broton

Broton has a reputation beyond reputeBroton has a reputation beyond reputeBroton has a reputation beyond reputeBroton has a reputation beyond reputeBroton has a reputation beyond reputeBroton has a reputation beyond reputeBroton has a reputation beyond reputeBroton has a reputation beyond reputeBroton has a reputation beyond reputeBroton has a reputation beyond reputeBroton has a reputation beyond repute
Just pulled the front brake lines from an Alpha 146 (male to female) and they fit my SJ413 just fine. Got a set from the front of a mk1 Renault Laguna too.

To do: Convert the 410 transfer box to "fat" (413/sammy) props and fit it.

Wishlist: Jimny with replica Willys Jeep body, 6 point rollcage, KAM rear difflock/hardened halfshafts, Lockright front locker, 3-bar front and rear, 31x10.5 simex mud terrains.
Broton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:33 PM   #65
tickerpat

tickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond reputetickerpat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Found it!

Use a Subaru Impreza (1 1/16 dia) or Mazada 929 (1" dia.) Master Cylinder Metric fittings, low level switch, bolt on without mods and seals properly to the booster.

Pic of the Subaru:

Stolen from Rick's build... the only mod to make the subaru fit is lengthening the plunger by 14mm.

what year 929?? and does anyone know what year chevy sprint for the pulley??

97 sport model, 2 inch spacer, 2 inch body, resting on 31" Coopers. Soon it will be sitting on a Sami front axle

tickerpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:01 PM   #66
tdavis

tdavis has a reputation beyond reputetdavis has a reputation beyond reputetdavis has a reputation beyond reputetdavis has a reputation beyond reputetdavis has a reputation beyond reputetdavis has a reputation beyond reputetdavis has a reputation beyond reputetdavis has a reputation beyond reputetdavis has a reputation beyond reputetdavis has a reputation beyond reputetdavis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdavis View Post
1986-1988 Chevy Sprint, 1liter, 3 cyl engine, Pulley has 2 rows, outer row is overdrive, inner row is the same as a stock 1.3

Just got back from the Pick-n-pull with 2 of them..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickerpat View Post
what year 929?? and does anyone know what year chevy sprint for the pulley??
For you reading pleasure.
tdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #67
65coop
Just call me Scoop

65coop has a reputation beyond repute65coop has a reputation beyond repute65coop has a reputation beyond repute65coop has a reputation beyond repute65coop has a reputation beyond repute65coop has a reputation beyond repute65coop has a reputation beyond repute65coop has a reputation beyond repute65coop has a reputation beyond repute65coop has a reputation beyond repute65coop has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
what year 929??
B.A.A.A. Member #6
Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

PIE
65coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #68
axelnut1

axelnut1 has a brilliant futureaxelnut1 has a brilliant futureaxelnut1 has a brilliant futureaxelnut1 has a brilliant futureaxelnut1 has a brilliant futureaxelnut1 has a brilliant futureaxelnut1 has a brilliant futureaxelnut1 has a brilliant futureaxelnut1 has a brilliant futureaxelnut1 has a brilliant futureaxelnut1 has a brilliant future
Shock idea

Monroe shock number 59038 is for a 1990 ford ranger 4x4 rear. 11" travel. I cut the shield off of mine so they looked better. I got one set at junk yard for $5 for two and you can get them new for less then $20 each. They actually do very good.
axelnut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #69
stevew007

stevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond reputestevew007 has a reputation beyond repute
napa part number for toyota brake lines
19" 38256
17" 380732
stevew007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #70
240hpsammy
beer is the answer

240hpsammy has a reputation beyond repute240hpsammy has a reputation beyond repute240hpsammy has a reputation beyond repute240hpsammy has a reputation beyond repute240hpsammy has a reputation beyond repute240hpsammy has a reputation beyond repute240hpsammy has a reputation beyond repute240hpsammy has a reputation beyond repute240hpsammy has a reputation beyond repute240hpsammy has a reputation beyond repute240hpsammy has a reputation beyond repute
napa 38688 nissan 240sx brake hoses both female ends , 23 3/8 lenght for yota swap .

nissan rear calipers with e-brakes for rear disc swap on samurai or toy axle (minor mods to the samy discs needed ).

swift twin cam seats (minor mods) and steering wheel bolt on.

nissan maxima's rear brake hoses with banjo ends for front samy calipers

MY BUILD THREAD

Last edited by 240hpsammy; 04-01-2011 at 09:45 PM.
240hpsammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:34 AM   #71
67fastback

67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
what year 929??
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65coop View Post
well i found this on the autozone site for a 1993 mazda 929 mc

I have question here? Do we care if they have anti-lock brakes or not?

Fenco Reman/Master Cylinder (Brake System)
For your 1993 Mazda 929 3.0L MFI DOHC 6cyl

Part Number: M52622
Alternate Part Number: 11-2622

of course it did not have the bottle on top....grrr

the 1993 Subaru impreza shows 3 different ones....but with the same picture , there was a 4th one but different 4 hole mount plate.

For your 1993 Subaru Impreza 1.8L MFI 4cyl

Part Number: M52749

With manual transmission
Without anti-lock brakes
Built to 02/1993

Part Number: M52748
Alternate Part Number: 310032

With automatic transmission
Without anti-lock brakes
Built to 02/1993

Part Number: M52748
Alternate Part Number: 310032
Without anti-lock brakes
Built from 03/1993

Bad one!

Part Number: M55076 wrong mount holes....
Warranty:Limited Lifetime
Application:
Anti-lock brake system

O'reilly's List a few different ones
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/se...929&vi=1190270

1993 impreza
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...aster+cylinder

-------------
84 Honda cr60r - for sale
87 Honda 200sx - for sale
67 Mustang fastback - under restoration MCA #63430
04 Silverado 2500 crew cab
87 sami - "SPLAT"
87 sami tin top - "Blue Fire"
88 sami - "Squirt"

My New Video Channel -http://www.youtube.com/PhillbillyProduction

My Video Channel - http://www.youtube.com/justworkn

Last edited by 67fastback; 04-22-2011 at 03:55 AM.
67fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #72
slowrider

slowrider has a reputation beyond reputeslowrider has a reputation beyond reputeslowrider has a reputation beyond reputeslowrider has a reputation beyond reputeslowrider has a reputation beyond reputeslowrider has a reputation beyond reputeslowrider has a reputation beyond reputeslowrider has a reputation beyond reputeslowrider has a reputation beyond reputeslowrider has a reputation beyond reputeslowrider has a reputation beyond repute
Wow you spent some time on that last post.
87 samurai 1.6 16 valve, toyota w56 tranny dual cases with 4.7s in rear and twinsticks, 5.29 toys,rear discs, front ARB, toy drive lines, linked f/r 109 wb, full hydro steering, 6 studs, 30 spline longfields, cromo hub gears, 39.5 iroks, beadlocks, exocage, corbeu seats, 5pt. harness, tmax 9000, rock lights, rear winch, on board air.
slowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:50 AM   #73
67fastback

67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute67fastback has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowrider View Post
Wow you spent some time on that last post.
yes I did and then looking for a MC for the 1993 mazda 929
looks like we will fighting for the mc cus the rx7 guys want this too...

http://www.negative-camber.org/crispyrx7/929.htm

1993 Mazda 929 ABS equipped sedan (pn: HG-31-43-400G)
seems the one to get!!!

-------------
87 sami - "SPLAT"
88 sami - "Squirt"

Old 04-29-2011, 04:02 AM   #74
67fastback

also wanted to add this
GM alternators - (what years / models?)

i got mine from
Mine was Autozone - 84 Camaro v6 with a/c for 78 buck and lifetime warrenty. (9:00 plug in)

http://www.leroys4wd.com/modules.php...viewtopic&t=42

Mercades arms - my write up
http://www.leroys4wd.com/modules.php...viewtopic&t=43

MC swap
Brake MC swap for sami/yota disco stopping issues..

Subaru Master Cylinders
1998-2003 Legacy
2001-2003 Outback
1998-2002 Forester
2000-2004 Imprezza with ABS

plunger needs lengthed..The only tweak that needs to be done is the sami plunger needs to be lengthed 14mm out to a total length of 82mm....

Some say a 93 mustang also will work - plunger mod
1993 mazda 929 w/abs 1" bore - direct swap

http://www.leroys4wd.com/modules.php...iewtopic&t=257

brake lines

Brake Lines:

Sami Front -->
need 2 ea
mid 90's Tracker front RIGHT(21 1/2"pn# BH38616 $27.99 ea. -o'reilly
or an 83 honda Accord FRONT either side - 20" NAPA part# 38673

Sami Rear -->
FRONT brake hose for a 90-96 Nissan 300ZX - 23 3/8"
87 models will need 2 lines and the 88 and up will only need one. Check first what you have.

NAPA part #38688
O'Reily's part # BH38688 - $16.99
Advanced Auto part # H38688 $18.99

power steering
Kick Power steering mod
http://www.leroys4wd.com/modules.php...viewtopic&t=19

Ubolts

I found that O'Reilly's carries U bolts that will work for your spring over. you might need to cut them down a little but they will work. They might also work for the YJ's to but have not tested it yet.

MOTORMITE - U-BOLT (1/2 X 7 X 2 7/8 RD)

Item No: 35617
$6.79 per Card - need 4 per axle.

little bending to make work not much...

-------------
87 sami - "SPLAT"
88 sami - "Squirt"

Old 05-28-2011, 10:26 AM   #75
zuki87jx

zuki87jx has a reputation beyond reputezuki87jx has a reputation beyond reputezuki87jx has a reputation beyond reputezuki87jx has a reputation beyond reputezuki87jx has a reputation beyond reputezuki87jx has a reputation beyond reputezuki87jx has a reputation beyond reputezuki87jx has a reputation beyond reputezuki87jx has a reputation beyond reputezuki87jx has a reputation beyond reputezuki87jx has a reputation beyond repute
Ive heard that Mid to late 90's ford Taurus electric fans work on the samurai radiator fairly easy

Last edited by zuki87jx; 05-28-2011 at 10:34 AM.
zuki87jx is offline   Reply With Quote