Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > FAQS
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

FAQS Answers to the common questions here. Please feel free to help build this area with your own FAQ's post!

Old 11-06-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
GRAYWOLFGRAPHICS

GRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond repute
Aftermarket ignition switch wiring.

When i got my sami the keys were missing and the whole steering column was taken apart so i decided to go with an after market basic ignition switch. First remove the plastic cover from the bottom of the collom. I would tell you how but mine was allready missing. Then I removed this harness from the back of the factory switch. I cut it pretty much in the middle and unplug the end opposite from the switch. You should end up with a pigtail like this.

The harness has 4 wires and coincidence the switch has 4 terminals.. Put good quality ring terminals on all 4 wires. CRIMP THEM SECURELY. Then attach the wires to the marked terminals on the switch as follows.

WIRE COLOR TERMINAL

SOLID WHITE WIRE--------------------- BATT

WHITE W/ BLACK STRIPE-----------------ACC

BLACK W/ WHITE STRIPE-----------------IGN

BLACK W/ YELLOW STRIPE----------------START(if not marked it is the center one)

Finished job should look like this.

I then drilled a 11/16" hole in the dash on the left side of the collumn where there was a knock out allready and installed the switch there.

Next plug it back in and check for proper starter operation. Enjoy.

NOTE please try one mod at a time. Especially electrical, as you will find it is easier to trouble shoot if something goes wrong.

GRAYWOLF GRAPHICS WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE WHILE ATTEMPTING THE ABOVE HOW-TO. IT IS FOR INFORMATIONAL USE ONLY. PLEASE ENJOY THIS HOW-TO AS IT IS INTENDED FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO SAY "I DID THAT"....

Unknown year, Trail only Samurai, streched a foot, 1.6 engine, My side, ZOR bumpers and tire carrier, yj's up front. coilovers and 4 linked rear, race seats and 4 point harnesses, fully caged, 6.5 in the case with twin sticks, 33/12.50r15s on toys with FULL fenders.

Last edited by GRAYWOLFGRAPHICS; 11-07-2007 at 09:17 PM.
GRAYWOLFGRAPHICS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:52 AM   #2
shorty
Zuki SPCA

shorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond repute
Other than the white text... Nice & helpful write up.

Family values = discounted rates at Chuck E. Cheese

Founding member of the post padders union
TX State Rep for Local 10001

pie

shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #3
crazyatvn

crazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond reputecrazyatvn has a reputation beyond repute
When i got my sami the keys were missing and the whole steering column was taken apart so i decided to go with an after market basic ignition switch. First remove the plastic cover from the bottom of the collom. I would tell you how but mine was allready missing. Then I removed this harness from the back of the factory switch. I cut it pretty much in the middle and unplug the end opposite from the switch. You should end up with a pigtail like this.

The harness has 4 wires and coincidence the switch has 4 terminals.. Put good quality ring terminals on all 4 wires. CRIMP THEM SECURELY. Then attach the wires to the marked terminals on the switch as follows.

WIRE COLOR TERMINAL

SOLID WHITE WIRE--------------------- BATT

WHITE W/ BLACK STRIPE-----------------ACC

BLACK W/ WHITE STRIPE-----------------IGN

BLACK W/ YELLOW STRIPE----------------START(if not marked it is the center one)

Finished job should look like this.

I then drilled a 11/16" hole in the dash on the left side of the collumn where there was a knock out allready and installed the switch there.

Next plug it back in and check for proper starter operation. Enjoy.

NOTE please try one mod at a time. Especially electrical, as you will find it is easier to trouble if something goes wrong.
crazyatvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
GRAYWOLFGRAPHICS

GRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond reputeGRAYWOLFGRAPHICS has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry guys i have my default style set to evil which is a black back ground so i didn't notice the problem
Unknown year, Trail only Samurai, streched a foot, 1.6 engine, My side, ZOR bumpers and tire carrier, yj's up front. coilovers and 4 linked rear, race seats and 4 point harnesses, fully caged, 6.5 in the case with twin sticks, 33/12.50r15s on toys with FULL fenders.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #5
jackson
im back!

jackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond repute
graywolf i would like to steal you for a couple of days to go under my dash and take a look at what the Previous Owner did grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

http://zuksoffroad.com
jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:31 PM   #6
GRAYWOLFGRAPHICS

bring it up here. im only 45 mins from vegas

Old 11-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #7
jackson
im back!

jackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond reputejackson has a reputation beyond repute
we own land in nevada and eventually hope to build there but until then i drive my samurai up there i will end up with more problems then a wire explosion under my dash (LOL).seriously though when i redo my dash im sure i will have tons of questions so run when my name pops up on PMs.

thanks for the offer!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001

http://zuksoffroad.com

Last edited by jackson; 11-07-2007 at 10:58 PM. Reason: forgot my manners
jackson is offline   Reply With Quote