Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Technical > Tracker/Sidekick/Grand Vitara/X-90 forums
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Tracker/Sidekick/Grand Vitara/X-90 forums This section was designed for all later year Zuks.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
celticroots

celticroots is a glorious beacon of lightcelticroots is a glorious beacon of lightcelticroots is a glorious beacon of lightcelticroots is a glorious beacon of lightcelticroots is a glorious beacon of light
96 sidekick wiring

So the boy installed a stereo in his 96 sidekick all worked fine so a week later he adds some strip leds and now he has no dash lights, tail lights,leds or stereo.
He wired the leds in parallel on a heater control light bulb. I have undone all his wiring, checked the fuse's in the drivers compartment all are good is there another fuse box besides drivers side above the brake pedal and passengers side fender well? Also have checked the stereo with 12 volt power supply it powers up just fine.

Thanks
Sammy
celticroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
skyhiranger

skyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond reputeskyhiranger has a reputation beyond repute
Those are the only 2 fuse blocks.
How did you check the fuses? With a test light, or just pull them out and look at them?
Did you check all the fuses in both fuse blocks? If not, I would.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:41 AM   #3
celticroots

celticroots is a glorious beacon of lightcelticroots is a glorious beacon of lightcelticroots is a glorious beacon of lightcelticroots is a glorious beacon of lightcelticroots is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhiranger View Post
Those are the only 2 fuse blocks.
How did you check the fuses? With a test light, or just pull them out and look at them?
Did you check all the fuses in both fuse blocks? If not, I would.
Checked them with a DVM
celticroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #4
zorproducts
God blessed America

zorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond reputezorproducts has a reputation beyond repute
Just a shot in the dark here but did he disconnect the illuminator (dimmer). If it helps the dash lights are in series not parallel and ground through the illuminator, it is possible it got damaged.
Brass shift sheets T-BRA & THONG, MY-SIDE1 & 2 CV kits, SNATCH "the best t-case cradle". TRAIL-GEAR Authorized Dealer. ZOR Bumpers! See that little set of scales over to the lower left? Give me reputation IF I HAVE helped you and I will be happy!
http://zuksoffroad.com

Stay outta my tree! And the tree next to my tree and the trees next to that! Or any tree made out of wood!
zorproducts is offline   Reply With Quote