Go Back   Zukikrawlers > News > Introductions
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Introductions Welcome to ZukiKrawlers, Say Hello and introduce yourself.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
jayxj71

jayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond repute
Question New to site...

Hello everyone, my name's Jay, and i'm new to this site, (still trying to figure out how to navigate this site...), Somewhat new to the sammy's, I'm on my second one now, an 88, my previous one was a 87, I lOVE these things!!!!, unfortunately i've been a die hard Jeeper for the last 20 years... NOW moving over into the import off road scene...For LOTS of Various reasons., I love the Zukes , but really not that familliar with em... although they seem pretty easy and strait forward... I just finished the bodywork and paint on my new toy, NOW its onto the suspension and 1.6 motor swap... where i'm getting pretty confused.. i'm Really looking for some recomendations on which 1.6 engine swap aftermarket kit to go with..I want to do the tracker P/S also.. I have a 92 complete tracker as a doner.. also, i am doing a SOA lift... so many manufacturers, and so confusing, there is NO kit im impressed with on the market... so i'll proberally piece it together with numerous differant products, also looking for any suggestions, whats worked for you, what hasnt, products to stay away from, etc.. .looking forward to your responses... thanks, Jay
jayxj71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
hillbilly
Pimpster

hillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond reputehillbilly has a reputation beyond repute
To the Best Family on the net!
Member of save from the Foundation
FOREVER WTSS!
hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Stafford01

Stafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond repute
Well first

Welcome

Hope you find this site as informative as i have.

One of the many Proud sponsors of Crazysami's Great American zuk tour 2011

Stafford01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
Stafford01

Stafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01 has a reputation beyond repute
Second on with the information.

The 1.6 swap not to familiar with. Havn't done the kit yet but plan on doing it in the future. Somebody will come through with more knowledge on it.

I have heard that petroworks kit is pretty good.
1.6 conversion

Then you have trail tough.
1.6 complete install
There is many more companys that make this kit.

For the sidekick power steering
I went with calmini. They make a kit that is all bolt on.
http://www.puresuzuki.com/power_steering2.htm

THere is also trail tough but there kit you have to drill and add braces.
http://www.trailtough.com/index.php?...mart&Itemid=53

If you browse lowrange offroad, they have alot of all the brands out there on one website.
http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/

WHen i first did my spoa i went with sky manufacturing spoa pads theres is really easy to setup> You set them on top of the axle they sit right in the old perches. That way you don't have any measuring for proper castor angle.
http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new...uct.php?id=109.

I just went over some things i have found on the internet and have put on my samurai. There is so many kits and parts. I would just piece the kits together to get the exact setup you need.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #5
jayxj71

jayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond reputejayxj71 has a reputation beyond repute
stafford01.... thanks for the reply....I have been ding a lot of research, and a lot of what your saying i agree with... I was leaning toward the calmini bolt on P/S setup... the petroworks 1.6 kit, and the sky spring pads.... just want to get some more opinions, or good/bad issues with these components, I have been on low range, and done a ton of research, but "everyones" stuff is the best... My plans so far: Calmini P/S set-up, the Sky spring pads, weld on lower shock mounts, ext. brake lines, driveline spacers, front upper shock hoops, and rear upper adjustable shock mount, The Sky OTT steering set-up, a 2" shackle,(1" lift) (which set????), a 6.1 t-case kit(????) 32 or 33" tire(????).... Any other suggestions???? Siderails?, front/rear bumpers? etc..
Old 07-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
Stafford01

I would check out www.zuksoffroad.com
He has the 6.5 gears. Also has the best transfer case cradle (Snatch) on the market.You would need a transfer case mount with those gears or you will be breaking alot of parts i.e transfer case, mounts.

I'm getting ready to order the myside from him this week.

Trail tough has bonz shackles which are pretty good. But for the money i would just make my own set.
Have you checked out http://www.shrockworks.com/Suzuki. they have a really nice set of rockguards (Siderails)

Last edited by Stafford01; 07-07-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:55 PM   #7
shorty
Zuki SPCA

shorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond reputeshorty has a reputation beyond repute
to ZK!!!

Family values = discounted rates at Chuck E. Cheese

Founding member of the post padders union
TX State Rep for Local 10001

pie

shorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #8
Hank
Viva BART!

Hank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond reputeHank has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome aboard!

-H

Secessionist
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #9
phloop
Bacon is the answer

phloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond reputephloop has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to ZK

And go with Lowrange when you get ready to buy that crapmini PS set up. Do a search here on cal mini and draw your on conclusion on the deal. Seems like LR stocks the parts so you will stand a real good chance of having a good transaction.

Union hall 3B

Living life a half bubble off.

pie

0-1

I'm singing dammit!
phloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #10
jayxj71

thanks guys...
Old 07-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #11
w8tn2wheel

w8tn2wheel has a reputation beyond reputew8tn2wheel has a reputation beyond reputew8tn2wheel has a reputation beyond reputew8tn2wheel has a reputation beyond reputew8tn2wheel has a reputation beyond reputew8tn2wheel has a reputation beyond reputew8tn2wheel has a reputation beyond reputew8tn2wheel has a reputation beyond reputew8tn2wheel has a reputation beyond reputew8tn2wheel has a reputation beyond reputew8tn2wheel has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 AM   #12
dadstoybox
THE MOTIVATOR

dadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond reputedadstoybox has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome

All the women in the world gave birth to children while my mother gave birth to a LEGEND
DTB Enterprises
Haul-A-Round Trailer Mfg.
Well Lit Offroad Lighting
QuadCarrier

Proud member of the bigflex padders union Local 10001
pie

RIP Brother
Zero

WTSS
FOREVER

dadstoybox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
Stafford01's Wifey
The House Flirt to You

Stafford01's Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01's Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01's Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01's Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01's Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01's Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01's Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01's Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01's Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01's Wifey has a reputation beyond reputeStafford01's Wifey has a reputation beyond repute
Hello and ! Enjoy!

RIP Maddhatter
RIP Eddie "ZERO"
VegasBruce
Stafford01's Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #14
WestCoastZuk

WestCoastZuk has a reputation beyond reputeWestCoastZuk has a reputation beyond reputeWestCoastZuk has a reputation beyond reputeWestCoastZuk has a reputation beyond reputeWestCoastZuk has a reputation beyond reputeWestCoastZuk has a reputation beyond reputeWestCoastZuk has a reputation beyond reputeWestCoastZuk has a reputation beyond reputeWestCoastZuk has a reputation beyond reputeWestCoastZuk has a reputation beyond reputeWestCoastZuk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like your on the right track!!!

Side note; the Petroworks 1.6 kit lowers the motor, it helps to have a spring over first?.....Good luck..

"Jeeps"
WestCoastZuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #15
zukizilla

zukizilla has a reputation beyond reputezukizilla has a reputation beyond reputezukizilla has a reputation beyond reputezukizilla has a reputation beyond reputezukizilla has a reputation beyond reputezukizilla has a reputation beyond reputezukizilla has a reputation beyond reputezukizilla has a reputation beyond reputezukizilla has a reputation beyond reputezukizilla has a reputation beyond reputezukizilla has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to ZK!
http://www.kreationkrawlers.com/
zukizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:25 AM   #16
slickrock209

slickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond reputeslickrock209 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome

slickrock209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #17
itsmejoeswife

itsmejoeswife has a reputation beyond reputeitsmejoeswife has a reputation beyond reputeitsmejoeswife has a reputation beyond reputeitsmejoeswife has a reputation beyond reputeitsmejoeswife has a reputation beyond reputeitsmejoeswife has a reputation beyond reputeitsmejoeswife has a reputation beyond reputeitsmejoeswife has a reputation beyond reputeitsmejoeswife has a reputation beyond reputeitsmejoeswife has a reputation beyond reputeitsmejoeswife has a reputation beyond repute

Handle every situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it...
Pee on it and walk away.

itsmejoeswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #18
Shortys_Misery
Just what the name says

Shortys_Misery has a reputation beyond reputeShortys_Misery has a reputation beyond reputeShortys_Misery has a reputation beyond reputeShortys_Misery has a reputation beyond reputeShortys_Misery has a reputation beyond reputeShortys_Misery has a reputation beyond reputeShortys_Misery has a reputation beyond reputeShortys_Misery has a reputation beyond reputeShortys_Misery has a reputation beyond reputeShortys_Misery has a reputation beyond reputeShortys_Misery has a reputation beyond repute

PIE

WTSS
Shortys_Misery is offline   Reply With Quote