Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Members Location > Rocky Mountain Region
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Rocky Mountain Region Arizona | Colorado | Idaho | Montana | New Mexico | Utah | Wyoming

Old 01-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #1
Mercury

Mercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond repute
Anybody Colorado people wheeling in Feb?

I will be visiting my girlfriend's parents from Feb 14th -19th. I'll be around the springs and denver. I've always been envious of your Suzuki culture out there and would love to come along if anybody is planning to wheel or just talk zuks and throw back some Fat Tires.

1988 Samurai (14 inches of lift (all suspension) on 35" MT's) SOLD
1988 Samurai Tin top Junked
1998 X-90 (STOCK) SOLD
1995 Sidekick 4door SOLD
1987 Samurai (STOCK!) SOLD
2001 Grand Vitara SOLD
1987 Samurai(31" MTs SKY SPOA) SOLD
2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara SOLD
1992 Geo Tracker Lsi (31"s STOCK) SOLD
2001 Chevy Tracker SOLD
1992 Samurai k03 Turbo @ 7psi, Walbro 255 pump, OME springs, 29" Dakota MTs
1991 Jimny Shackle lift, 185/85/16 Cooper MTs
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:08 AM   #2
zuk rider

zuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond repute
will you have a rig? if so, list the specs, we can find ya a good snow bashing trail.

Flashboiler snow bashing approved!
zuk rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #3
Caboose

Caboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond repute
I'm located in the Springs! Unfortunately I think most of our trails locally are still shut down from falls floods/tree huggers. But there's still some good scenic mountain driving through there. Been hitting china wall a lot as it's easy enough to do snowy or dry. It's about an hour from the springs. But let me know! I'd be down to to try and wheel on a weekend if you want some company. We've got a lot of snow in the mountains as of this moment. If you're just looking for a ride along lemme see if I can get another rig(s) to go with and we'll set something up and can ride with me. Might be able to just have the girly go in the jeep and I go in the zuk if the new engine seems happy for a road trip in the yeep. Any particular trails you were eyeballin? What's your rig setup like?
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #4
Mercury

Mercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond repute
Well, Unfortunately I won't have my zuki out there. I am just flying out. I would love to just ride along!

1998 X-90 (STOCK) SOLD
1995 Sidekick 4door SOLD
2001 Grand Vitara SOLD
2001 Chevy Tracker SOLD
Old 02-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
billsbar

billsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond reputebillsbar has a reputation beyond repute
We have huge snow total in a lot of wheeling areas, I'm not sure what can even be done. In fact just the last 24-36 hours many areas added another 3 feet of snow to their totals
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."

- President Ronald Reagan

Spell check people it's free
Proof reading your posts can even help people with the grammers skills of a pet rock.
billsbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:25 PM   #6
Caboose

Caboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond repute
I tried to go yesterday to see if Old Stage Coach Rd. and the trails up along it were open. They had it gated before you even touched the dirt. I coulda swore I read in the news that it was opened back up but will try to call Forest Service and ask if it's shut down for maintenance or tree huggers or what. We had a nasty flood spill throughout Colorado this last fall and a large portions of our trails were affected by it. There's still clean up and repair going on at a lot of them. Trying to see if there's a run around the gulches in Divide this weekend perhaps. If not I dunno what else there'd be to do :/ China Wall is usually open with snow and isn't too crazy with it but it's out in BFE and I usually have had a hard time getting someone to go snow wheeling with me. Might have to "hire" some yeep friends ;) We're trying to get some mileage on the pink yeep (girl's rig) this week to get the engine broke in so we can maybe try to take it out this weekend as well. But as of now, as billsbar stated, there's snow fall in the higher elevations. It appears that it'll warm up by the end of this week as of now, but with Colorado, there's no telling till you're day of. And even then the weather changes 5 times in an afternoon.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:31 PM   #7
Rocfrog

Rocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond repute
I need to get out wheelin!! I'm not that big on snow wheelin, requires to much wheel speed for my taste......but all things pending if something gets lined up I'll see if I can pull Kermit out of the garage.

Nick
1988.5 Samurai, 6.5:1 t-case gears, 5:12 gears, welded diffs, ZOR Subspeed Front bumper, Homemade rear bumper, Swift FI, ZOR "thong" and "T-Bra" and "Boobie Hoops", highly modded Mighty Kong T-case bucket, Sky Manf. Axel trusses front, Shaved diffs front, and ZOR crabs. 4link in the rear with Kick rear axel and kick rear springs.

Rocfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #8
zuk rider

zuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond reputezuk rider has a reputation beyond repute
with these types of snow fall numbers, just pick a god camping area with lots of roads, near Jefferson/Terryall Res comes to mind. there is bound to be some decently flat roads with little to no traffic that could be good for bashing! I love snow bashing! its so awesomely impossible sometimes!

Old 02-11-2014, 07:40 AM   #9
geckocycles

geckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond repute
Andy and I went out Sunday to Bunce. Made it to the Iron Clads junction then got stopped.
The lower road to Camp Penis was fun till we got stopped half way or so. I was pushing up to 2' of snow. Some areas had 4' or so as Andy sunk up to almost his waist.
Got stumped on ROck Creak early and had a bit of trouble getting back out.

We plan on doing Chinaman area for 3 days. 2-21, 22, 23 weather permitting. Andy, Corbin in his FJ80, his friend Andy in his Jeep, maybe another Jeep and my friend Andy in his Sammy. See what we can do. Plan on camping at upper Chinaman parking area Fri night. There are lots of roads I'm sure we will have fun on not matter what.

I will no doubt be back up Bunce or up by Central City this weekend too if I don't end up in Walden. Andy and I are planning going to Walden Dunes to play with the Big Boys. I'm still up in the air though. There may be just too much snow for skinny tire Sammy but it is worth a try just to see how the big boys do it at least.
February 15th - Saturday - The Umpteenth Annual Walden Snow Bash! Meet at the sandhills at 10:00 AM, or at the west Laramie McDonalds at 8:30 AM. This one is always a biggie. Its like the bull riding of snow bashing........wild and wooly....... with a few train wrecks thrown in! http://www.rc4w.com/index1.html

My new motor is rockin big time.

Bunce is still lots of fun with lots of doable areas, except for Bill of course!
2240 lbs wet. 33x10.50 BFG KM2's, 5.12 T-Case, 4.30 3rds, HD output shaft, Spidy T-Case arms, Gecko Cable Locker, Gecko panhard, Spidy antiwrap bar and trussed housings, 5"x12" Breeze drop links, SPOA front and rear, Gecko Cycles Intake and Cooling manifold with 4 36mm GSXR screamin Mikuni's. 5400 lb Ft and 3000 lb rear winches, ZOR ft bumper, Gecko rear, Calmini HD rear axles, custom made 4Runner drive shafts.
geckocycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:01 AM   #10
Caboose

Our cabin is right by Jefferson/Terryall area so we hit China Wall a lot as it's something nearby. It's a good snow wheeling trail, relatively easy dry. Last time I went I was solo so had to be conservative but still had a good time. Let me know if you head around that ways zuk rider.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #11
Mercury

Well if it doesn't work out this time, a couple of my suzuki friends from Delaware will be making a trip back out to Colorado this spring, so hopefully we can all meet up then!

1998 X-90 (STOCK) SOLD
1995 Sidekick 4door SOLD
2001 Grand Vitara SOLD
2001 Chevy Tracker SOLD
Old 02-14-2014, 10:35 PM   #12
geckocycles

geckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond repute
All packed and ready for the Dunes. Meeting Andy at his house at 6.
2240 lbs wet. 33x10.50 BFG KM2's, 5.12 T-Case, 4.30 3rds, HD output shaft, Spidy T-Case arms, Gecko Cable Locker, Gecko panhard, Spidy antiwrap bar and trussed housings, 5"x12" Breeze drop links, SPOA front and rear, Gecko Cycles Intake and Cooling manifold with 4 36mm GSXR screamin Mikuni's. 5400 lb Ft and 3000 lb rear winches, ZOR ft bumper, Gecko rear, Calmini HD rear axles, custom made 4Runner drive shafts.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:11 AM   #13
geckocycles

IT may be too windy to drive to the dunes. GOing to try to make it to Andy's. One step at a time. I almost fell over in the RV from a wind gust and it woke me up a rockin at 3:30. News said 81 MPH gusts with 45 sustained. Just not for the Sammy as it feels like it is going to blow over just sitting in the lot.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:18 AM   #14
flashboiler

flashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond reputeflashboiler has a reputation beyond repute
I don't even hear wind here in Longmont... Weird! House is built pretty solid though.
flashboiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #15
geckocycles

This is STUPID> On my way
Old 02-16-2014, 02:19 AM   #16
zuk rider

Hahahahahhaha. Have fun boys!

Old 02-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #17
geckocycles

Just a wee bit of snow. Trail marker barely showing.
Weird with sand on top of snow and layers of it.
Anything less than 38's got left behind quick. Except for the Sammy's of course!
These big boys toys are rad.
Wild Oats shinned as usual. EVERYONE got stuck at some point several times. What we saw was that if you spent another $250,000 you could get about 200 yds further and were able to bust new ground till you get stopped. For the most part we were almost able to follow their tracks. $60K on 38's were about equal to us but were harder to get unstuck.
The K5 with 555CI was some piece of work. Didn't go as well as you would think but it was up there for sure.
There was other big block Jeeps there too.
When these guys get on it.....well you just got to be there! Some of these guys are like dragsters almost. THey can really get it! So fun to just watch them race around.
Andy going up hill while Wild Oats and Bronco watch.

Almost lost it coming back home with a wind gust in a corner. Had to correct twice at 50 mph. WOW! I was beat from the white knuckle stress of driving in that kind of wind and especially in the dark with fog you could barley see 100' too. THe new motor is done now and got a good workout. I got 20 mpg on the ride up with hell cross winds loaded to the max with camping gear and parts ect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trail marker.jpg (37.4 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-02-15_14-52-28_492.jpg (79.7 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-02-15_14-45-33_910.jpg (79.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-02-15_11-54-31_495.jpg (64.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-02-14motor done447.jpg (95.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-02-15_14-17-27_736.jpg (80.4 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by geckocycles; 02-16-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:50 AM   #18
geckocycles

I wanna go out again today. Bunce? Any takers?
Andy can't go so I may just go solo as much as I hate too in snow. Just can't get enough of the new power plant.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #19
Mercury

Wow that looks like fun. The wind kept waking me up when I was in CO. It would have tipped my suzuki over! I hope to meet up with you guys this spring

1998 X-90 (STOCK) SOLD
1995 Sidekick 4door SOLD
2001 Grand Vitara SOLD
2001 Chevy Tracker SOLD