Go Back   Zukikrawlers > Members Location > Rocky Mountain Region
Photo Gallery Home Forum FlashChat Email

Rocky Mountain Region Arizona | Colorado | Idaho | Montana | New Mexico | Utah | Wyoming

Old 07-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
Caboose

Caboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond repute
Zukifari Aug 4th-9th

Zukfari will be August 4th-9th in Gunnison, Colorado. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it but here's the link.

http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/zukiw...n-and-sign-up/
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
Rocfrog

Rocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond repute
That looks cool as I have never actually wheeled down there but it's during the week so that equals a no go for me.....

Nick
1988.5 Samurai, 6.5:1 t-case gears, 5:12 gears, welded diffs, ZOR Subspeed Front bumper, Homemade rear bumper, Swift FI, ZOR "thong" and "T-Bra" and "Boobie Hoops", highly modded Mighty Kong T-case bucket, Sky Manf. Axel trusses front, Shaved diffs front, and ZOR crabs. 4link in the rear with Kick rear axel and kick rear springs.

Rocfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
Caboose

Caboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond reputeCaboose has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I noticed that. But I'm sure some of the people will be there the 2nd and 3rd for the weekend. With the brand new job it wouldn't be a good idea to ask for a day off huh? The girl's parents have a cabin (glorified house basically) in Jefferson, might try to see what strings I can pull and get her brothers Zuk running to try to atleast go if I can't make it.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #4
Rocfrog

Rocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond reputeRocfrog has a reputation beyond repute
Ya not sure asking for time off to go wheelin would go well with the new job or with the wife since I'm not able to go pic up Caleb next week...

Man you got cabins all over the place!

Nick
1988.5 Samurai, 6.5:1 t-case gears, 5:12 gears, welded diffs, ZOR Subspeed Front bumper, Homemade rear bumper, Swift FI, ZOR "thong" and "T-Bra" and "Boobie Hoops", highly modded Mighty Kong T-case bucket, Sky Manf. Axel trusses front, Shaved diffs front, and ZOR crabs. 4link in the rear with Kick rear axel and kick rear springs.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
Caboose

Nah that's where the cabin is I was telling you about. It's only about 30 minutes from Chinamans. Which is about an hour or so from gunnison.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #6
geckocycles

geckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond repute
I planned on meeting up with them. I am going to Chinaman's before meeting up. Not sure if I am going to do Black Bear until I hear a local recent trip report and weather conditions.
These guys are traveling from all over to do these several trips a year.
They said that the trip plans are not set in stone.

I'm going out today to do MSV/Coney and back. Camping at Coney Creek crossing on MSV. I have 3 rigs up there already reserving the spot. I couldn't make it yesterday as it was my BD and didn't hear about the trip till 4pm yesterday. Today is my oldest's sons BD.
2240 lbs wet. 33x10.50 BFG KM2's, 5.12 T-Case, 4.30 3rds, HD output shaft, Spidy T-Case arms, Gecko Cable Locker, Gecko panhard, Spidy antiwrap bar and trussed housings, 5"x12" Breeze drop links, SPOA front and rear, Gecko Cycles Intake and Cooling manifold with 4 36mm GSXR screamin Mikuni's. 5400 lb Ft and 3000 lb rear winches, ZOR ft bumper, Gecko rear, Calmini HD rear axles, custom made 4Runner drive shafts.
geckocycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
Rocfrog

Ok I think I'm a little confused as to location......isn't Black Bear down in Ouray? How are they doing trails by Beuna Vista and trails down in Ouray? I saw mention of Tin Cup as well...

Nick

Old 07-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #8
geckocycles

geckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond reputegeckocycles has a reputation beyond repute
I never said they were doing anything in BV. I was going to do Chinamans on the way to the meet and greet. Not even sure at this time where that is going to be. The place was up in the air last I checked. Sunday: 5pm dinner at a Gunnison park or a Gunnison restaurant (Pizza hut) or a cookout. I will do Chinamans on Sat and probably ca,p in the area. Do it again on Sunday maybe. I really have no plans set in stone either as I am not planning to meet anyone anywhere. Just play it by ear and see how it goes.
Black Bear drops into Teluride.
I am just going to be driving all over the state trying to make up for lost years of wheelin. I was going to include their trip in my plans as I thought it would be nice to meet up with a new crowd.

They posted up their schedule on their site. You have to read through and find it.
2240 lbs wet. 33x10.50 BFG KM2's, 5.12 T-Case, 4.30 3rds, HD output shaft, Spidy T-Case arms, Gecko Cable Locker, Gecko panhard, Spidy antiwrap bar and trussed housings, 5"x12" Breeze drop links, SPOA front and rear, Gecko Cycles Intake and Cooling manifold with 4 36mm GSXR screamin Mikuni's. 5400 lb Ft and 3000 lb rear winches, ZOR ft bumper, Gecko rear, Calmini HD rear axles, custom made 4Runner drive shafts.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #9
geckocycles

I found their latest update.

Tentative Schedule
Sunday: 5pm dinner at a Gunnison park or a Gunnison restaurant (Pizza hut) or a cookout.

Monday: Tincup Pass/Hancock Pass/Alpine Tunnel

Tuesday: TBD

Wednesday: This day is "open" to allow people a chance to do something other than trail riding.

Thursday: Schofield Pass/Crystal City/Lead King Basin

Friday: Black Bear Pass

Who's In:
Last update 7/23/2013
Jonny Rash
BLOODBANE
richterll
roygoble
sam6308
skitime
harpingeorge
Ben.Peterson
geckocycles

Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:46:23 PM by Jonny Rash
Old 07-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
Caboose

Hoping my rims come in the next few days so I can swap my tires and then I should be able to atleast show up for a day or two. I'm not comfortable driving it that far away with the tires on it and don't have a tow pig and trailer. We'll hae to see :0(
Old 07-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #11
no1gearhead

no1gearhead has a reputation beyond reputeno1gearhead has a reputation beyond reputeno1gearhead has a reputation beyond reputeno1gearhead has a reputation beyond reputeno1gearhead has a reputation beyond reputeno1gearhead has a reputation beyond reputeno1gearhead has a reputation beyond reputeno1gearhead has a reputation beyond reputeno1gearhead has a reputation beyond reputeno1gearhead has a reputation beyond reputeno1gearhead has a reputation beyond repute
Where do you springs guys go wheeling normaly. Im up in woodland park now and all these trails are driving me nuts not being able to go play but that will be changing friday.
no1gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:35 PM   #12
Rocfrog

Just depends on where we want to go. Most of the time we have to travel, only thing close is Eagle Rock on old stage road. But there are a ton of trails just west of you in Beuna Vista and St. Elmo area.

I've got a buddy that lives in woodland so I'm up there all the time. Actually my Sami was up at his place for a couple of months earlier this year because he has a big heated garage.

Nick

Old 08-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #13
Caboose

We've got Saran Wrap, Eagle Rock, Mount Rosa, and Mount Baldy. All in the same area of each other, and all short trails. Eagle Rock is probably the hardest, Saran Wrap second,and Mount Baldy and Rosa are kinda just "trail rides" with pretty views. There's this good site I use to locate maps across the state and get reviews and ratings for, maybe it'll help you find something close by to you.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php

Hackett Gulch is near Divide and is a pretty fun trail. I went there at the beginning of the year for the first time since Hayman fire but we didn't make it through unfortunately, broke birfield turned us around early.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #14
geckocycles

Ended up doing about 250 miles of dirt roads. Very little 4x4 needed just to smooth out the ride for the most part. Everything could of just been handled easily with just the cable locker at most. Ran 2w open the whole time except for maybe a mile total. I did manage to get in some 4x4 on my own exploring the mines and other trails in Crested Butte.
The group splintered into several groups. Communication was nill as there was no phone for the most part. They didn't update the website itinerary and even changed the last 2 days with out updating it. I was able to check website in CB so I was pretty much on my own for the whole trip except for the first day. Then they took a 2 day break. On Tuesday I hug out with 2 guys I camped with in a cow pasture. YUK! After a day of yakin and drinkin I said I am not camping here another night so I left on my own late the second day and took Cement Creek to CB and arrived about 10pm. Found a camp spot on top of a graded knoll at the end of a 4x4 hill up Kebler Pass. Rained nearly every day so that made some trails slick and kept out all the SUV's. Required not sleeping in the doom and used my Goretex tent to keep condensation to a minimum. Kind of cramped though as I am not 165 lbs anymore and 30 years older. LOL.
I saw 3 other Zuks in CB not with the group.
Thursday I saw 2 built Kicks that were in the area. I though they were with the group, and they were, but they were just doing their own thing as I was. THey were also taking a break on Thursday so I left and headed to Holy Cross. No one there so I thought it best to not do that trail alone so I went home via Mosquito Pass outside of Leadville.
Skitime is a retired teacher of metal shop and auto cad. Great guy to talk to. He designed his rear winch bumper and had it made for his Kick. Nice!
I'm off to Strawberry Hotsprings today and then over the pass to Saratoga Hotsprings and camp up Snowy Range in WY.
I am having a great trip on all these easy roads. Unreal views and great fishing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kick sm.jpg (99.9 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg kick sm1.jpg (87.9 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg Cb-campsm.jpg (101.1 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg knoll sm.jpg (71.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg group.jpg (93.7 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg rr road.jpg (103.4 KB, 76 views)
Old 08-11-2013, 05:29 PM   #15
Caboose

My rims never showed up so me and my lady ran down to Bueno Vista and St. Elmo (beginning of Tincup Pass) to see if by luck I could come across the group and say hi, but no luck. Found a Samurai for sale in B.V. off the main strip and that was the only Zuk seen. We spent the weekend in Jefferson at the cabin and bouncing in and out of Fairplay/Southpark. Wish I coulda joined ya Gecko but can't with the racing slicks I'm running. Got new tires but they're 17's and still waiting for the rims to show up Maybe next time. Was your lady able to go with you Gecko?
Old 12-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #16
86Zuuk

86Zuuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Zukfari

Was this a one time event in Colorado or do they do it every year?
86Zuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:24 AM   #17
geckocycles

Not sure. Go to their site and find out the schedule. THey have done trips out here before.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #18
Rocfrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Zuuk View Post
Was this a one time event in Colorado or do they do it every year?
This was the first I've ever heard of it, but that doesn't mean they won't try it again. But ken's right check their page for more info, Jay cross posted this from their forum.

Nick

Old 12-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #19
Caboose

I found it on LROR's monthly news letter originally, but I think their site is the place to go. Seems to have quite a few colorado/midwest zukers so wouldn't be surprised if they set up another one or just post trips and meets. I was told how ever that this meet wasn't an organized event with a schedule and basically just a meet and greet then wheel where you'd like or follow someone else. I think gecko said a lot of people branched off and did their own thing.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #20
geckocycles

It was good to meet more Zuk owners non the less. I just didn't have cell service at all most of the trip so I couldn't be contacted or be in touch as plans changed. I had a blast anyway, how could you not? I was out for a week on that trip making up for lost years of offroad in the Sammy. Then followed it up with another week long CO trip. I could tour CO and WY forever and never leave. Just don't see the need to travel anywhere else.